Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I can do it!

Eva is four and four is very exciting. Eva is all about YES! and SOMETHING NEW! and ENTHUSIASM! and most importantly I CAN DO IT! Eva will rush ahead of me, racing me to the next new, wonderful task, event, joy! Last night I made a mistake and scooped the cat litter without her because, as I reasoned, she was feeding the dog and why not get both done at once (ever eager to get things done!). And now I really know why not! Because if I scoop the cat litter without Eva, then Eva does not get to scoop the cat litter. And so it goes. I learn to pay more attention, to get less done in half the time and to invite Eva to join in. Pull up a chair! Make a salad! Clean the floor! Hey momma, I can clean!

Here are some photos that Eva took. The tree and Elijah Blue are in our yard, the foot is hers and the shells and stones are on our nature table in the living room. All great fun, all things Eva spends time with intimately each day.



These days I am revisiting the Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osborne with Eva. Samuel and I read some of them when he was Eva's age and a little older and now Eva has discovered them and is having me special order them at the library so that we can get the ones we want, when we want them! Today we read Mummies in the Morning. Samuel frequently joins us to read them, particularly the ones we skipped. He was recently very inspired by the ones featuring ninjas! Samuel and I also started a new series last night. We finished up the jedi books we had been reading for several weeks and this series is quite different and a lot of fun as well. Half Magic by Edward Eager has us all thinking of new and bigger ways to make wishes.

No comments: